Friday, June 24, 2011

Kid-less

For the past 3 nights Loren and I have been without children - so so so strange. We were married over 3 years before we had Taylor so we lived without children at one time the facts state, but it feels so strange. I think once you have children you forget what it was like without. Taylor and Kyley are at girls camp (I have gone a week without them before and I am a little use to that) but Loren's mom took the boys up to the cabin with their cousins Will and Joy so we have no kids at home. I go to work and come home to a empty, quiet house that looks just like I left it. To be honest it has been a nice break. I get to watch my shows uninterrupted, I don't have to share my diet coke, when Loren comes home from work we visit, again uninterrupted, then we go grab a bite. Ty said before he left, "what are you going to do with us all gone?" I said "leave the door open" :) wink wink. The bad part is I have no one to delegate the chores too - I had to feed the animals, I had to take out the garbage and I had to unload the dishwasher, my mom used to joke that she had kids to do these kind of things, I know now she wasn't joking.

The boys come home today and the girls tomorrow, I am excited to see them I have certainly missed them, 3 days is enough I am ready to be a Mom again.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky duck. Jeremy has gotten to go to Lake Powell on a houseboat for the past 4 days and left me home with all the kids and no breaks. I gotta say, I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete