Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July


“Patriotism is more than flag-waving and fireworks. ... Patriotism is trying always to give more to the Nation than we receive. It is selfless service.Ezra Taft Benson


I love this quote, and as I sat on the beach yesterday watching my children play I was full of gratitude for this nation and all those that went before me and fought to keep us free. We were talking with our kids that if we wouldn't have won WWII we would have been sitting on Japan's beaches instead of U.S.A. We didn't see fireworks, we were wiped from the beach but we all expressed our gratitude. As Taylor, Kyley and I were walking on the boardwalk to get a t-shirt, out of one of the bars all the patrons were singing the Star Spangled Banner at the top of their lungs. We looked at each other and smiled, I love America.

1 comment:

  1. Great posts. I, too, love America. And I'm so happy you had such a great trip to Cali. How relaxing. Now we get ready for Christopher Creek. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete