
One of my main reasons for teaching summer school this year was to allow us to go to the beaches for a small but much needed summer vacation. Wyatt hasn't been to California since he was a baby. Loren and I had gone through trips he had won from work but we hadn't taken our children in years. We used to go every single year for a week then Loren's sister's kids grew up and that tradition fell by the way side. It was OK because we hit Rocky Point a few times, then the economy hit and our vacations consisted of going to the cabin. Not this year, I wanted my kids to experience the beach and experience it they did. That is all we did, no amusement parks or Sea world just a new beach each day with new experiences. I have to say the Chesley's are the best at working as a team and get going. Our goal was to get to California by 10 am so we had all day Saturday. We all set our alarms for 3:00Am, we had the truck packed the night before and we were on the road at 4:00am. We beat the heat driving through the desert and we made San Diego by 9:15 am.


Our hotel was in Oceanside but we did not spend a considerable amount of time there. It was a nice place to lay our exhausted heads at night though. Here we are watching the sun set over the harbor. (Yes Wyatt is flashing gang signs, it hard to get a picture without him posing) Actually after these pictures we ran to the beach to watch it sink into the ocean. One of my favorite sights, so cool. I like my kids really really like them, I laughed so hard at their conversations and their personalities.
Our first day we hit a local beach called Leucadia that Loren heard about from a friend. No shops, no crowds, one of my favorites. We had to walk down loads of steps and we had a cliff to our back and soft sand and the ocean in front of us. loved watching Wyatt run into the ocean and teach Ty how to body surf and build a sand castle with all the kids. I almost had tears of joy that day as I played with my kids and watched their faces as they
experienced the ocean for the first time in a long long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment