Ok I'll elaborate, Ty's birthday was Sunday and he wanted Taylor home for it, Taylor hadn't been home since August so she asked for it off, found a ride and came home, it just happened to be Perry's Homecoming - total coincidence.
She got home Friday evening about 5:00 and it was so dang good to see her. We have visited a couple of times but there is something different having your family together at your home it really is a bit of heaven on earth. Friday night I made shrimp, one of her favorite meals then the kids went to Goodwill (they wanted to) then we just hung out. Taylor did laundry and while her clothes washed we visited about life, school, roommates, missions, just stuff. Man I love that girl and I am impressed with how much she has grown up, she has always been mature now she has a little life experience and she is rocking the college scene. Ty started his birthday early by opening a new i-phone lucky guy - welcome to the teens.
Saturday we hung out Ty had a football game, he did well. Side note about football. Ty joined a new team, Special Forces. He was excited as this is a winning team and the jerseys this year were camo - so cool looking. The day before the first game they still weren't in, find out they were completed but they were made in Mexico and since the government had "shut down" they were held up at customs. The team got white shirts wrote their number one the back and rocked it. Ty was playing linebacker and stripped the ball and ran it in for a touchdown, then the very next play he had a pick-6 he was on fire, what a great way to start the season. For the game on the 26th both sets of grandparents came to watch as did Aunt Jody, Lacy and the kids, Kingston, Millie and Reeves. After the game we headed back to our house for pizza and party. We ate cake, blew out candles, made video trailers with our i-phones and laughed and laughed and laughed. Taylor hung out for a while then later she went to meet some of her friends. I was glad she got to see old friends but I was more glad it was later in the night and didn't take away from my time with her.
Where is Kyley is all of this you ask - she is parting it up at homecoming. Quinn Goodman (not close cousin) asked her right before fall break with a swimming pool full of rubber duckies in it and a sign that said "I'd be a lucky duck if you'd go to homecoming with me" The funny thing is they put it in the yard of our old house. I know this because Quinn's mom called the next day and says as we were setting it up Quinn says "I have a feeling she moved" and there is no one to call at 1:30am to confirm. Quinn leaves to go up north so its up to the mom to call get new address and set it up. I was laughing, she called when she was in the neighborhood and I sent Wyatt out to "water the plants" and help set up, Kyley was so surprised. She answered him with a dozen donuts and a note that said "I do-not not want to go to homecoming with you" Silly girl. They are good friends and she went with a group of good friends so it was a good date.
For their day date they went to IKEA for a scavenger hunt and she came home with a fejka (fake plant) all pumped up at how much fun she had and then we left for Ty's football game. So at her prom it was on the same day as Taylor's Graduation/Birthday party and we had 30 people to meet Kyley and her date, this date there was no one. I have no pictures since no one was there to take one, I am waiting for the "real" ones until then, I only have pictures from their day date. They went to dinner at Buca-di-Beppo then they went to Mason's house for the dance, instead of the Perry gym. Couple reasons, tickets are cheaper and there is no "dirty dancing". I am so glad she has a good group of friends it eases my mind when she is out. Sunday we so much fun - I love those low key days. It was Ty's birthday so we opened presents and then we had stuff to play with. Ty turned 13 - a teenager - he is growing up so fast. He made the honor roll at ALA, and is just adjusting well to junior high and growing up. I know have 3 teenagers man where did the time go?? He got socks, VANS, Az Cardinal pillow pet and candy and of course his new I-phone. He is one lucky kid and we are a lucky family to have him in it. He is witty and quick I love how he jokes with his siblings and how he is staring to "get" jokes and puns. He and Wyatt make up the fun games with our little soccer ball whether it is in the pool, with blankets on the floor or hitting the ball against the wall, it is always new rules and they are a lot of fun, he has sucked Loren and I into playing his games, and I end up having a blast even if there are times when I am sore the next day using muscles that I don't' normally use. The day turned into a silly laugh fest quickly.
Wyatt started rereading the Harry Potter series and we all love them in our family. There is a website where you can take a test to determine which "house" you would be placed in. Taylor had taken it and was placed in Ravenclaw perfect fit, its know as the smart kid house. Gryffindor was where Harry Potter and all his friends were placed they are known for their bravery. Slytherin was where the bad guys were placed and the "other" house is Hufflepuff. Wyatt wanted to take the test too and he was placed in Hufflepuff and he was angry he wanted Ravenclaw. So of course I had to take it and I too am a Hufflepuff - we read up on it its the least boastful house. Then the competition between kids began, Ty took the test Gryffindor, then Kyley, Slytherin and then Loren Skytherin too. That means I have a kid in each house and the jabs about which house was the best continued all day. "Hufflepuff is the least boastful because they have nothing to boast about." Taylor and Kyley were in the Harry Potter club at Perry (yes you read that right) we we got their old shirts and stuffed owl and played we were goofy and we laughed and laughed. It was so good having Taylor home, she had to leave at 5:00 too soon but I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. I love this little family of mine.




No comments:
Post a Comment