Monday, November 11, 2013

God, Family, Country

Dale, Matt and Dad - my favorite Marines 2002 right before Matt reported
Veteran's Day weekend makes me think of all of these - they are definitely connected and I should pause more and count my blessings.  I am so thankful for this country and that Heavenly Father led those to this great country and I have no doubt His influence was felt by our founding fathers as they declared their independence, then fought for their land.  I am thankful for all the Veteran's out there that put their lives on the line for me - especially My Dad, Dale and Matt - thanks for serving...

The Big 4  - Dale & Nedra* Jim & Diane* Chad & Katrina* Steve& Cindy
 Veteran's Day is also Grandpa Harry's birthday, a few years ago we started using it as an excuse to get all the Goodmans together  to celebrate, since he has passed away it has turned into a reunion.  I don't remember any reunions that were fun like this, it is held outside between Uncle Steve's and Uncle Jim's house,  and this year  my dad, Steve and Jim BBQ burgers and dogs while we ate, visited, laughed, took pictures, and caught up all while the kids played.  Over 100  people and all because "Two people fell in love".  I love seeing my cousins, the ones I grew up with that were always my best friends, I love that my kids are starting to know their second cousins and love the feeling of belonging, these few hour make me think this is a slice of heaven - I am blessed. 
 

The Grands - Mark, Jimmy, Luke, Mike, Matt, Willie, Laura, Kim, Craig, Chad, Dale, Joe,      front: Rita, Dyan, Kelli, Karrie, Julie, Kristi, Jodi (missing Kathryn and Van)
    
The Greats - best we could do, we thought we had them then around the corner 6 or 7 more came running.  Annie even pushed Puller to the ground trying to get i n the picture - classic!
The best for last - the girl cousins (minus Kathryn) posing as Charlie's Angles we "played" that for hours, its only fitting that I put a 1977 finish on the photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment