Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving

Hands down my favorite holiday and its even better when you have a child you love "come home".  Taylor made it home Tuesday night - unfortunately she has to go back Friday since she works at Barnes and Nobel and it being black Friday and all, but I will enjoy her while I can.

Low key a quick stop at the Chesley's since we kind of already had a Thanksgiving the first of November when Kendall was down from Utah. Jody threw a  Thanksgiving party for him because she knew he couldn't make it down this Thanksgiving and he had been on his mission in Africa for the past two years so we all got together and ate turkey and all the sides - yum.

We said our hellos and ate a bit at the Chesley's then headed to the Goodman's.  More kids there  means more fun, Ty and Wyatt disappeared when we got there,  I hope they ate.   We ate, played, visited, laughed then laughed some more; I love my siblings.

We came home sat around the table wrote our thankful list and drank "wine" really sparkling cider (funny story Kyley told us last year, she really thought we were drinking wine when she was little, and she was seriously conflicted because she had been told not to drink wine but then her parents were giving her "wine" so she figured it was ok but she really struggled with it and she said she only took small sips. She says she was relieved when she found out it was cider.  Poor girl.)  then we shared our thankful list where a whole lot of "oh I forgot that one" was heard.  It is my favorite tradition, it doesn't take long but it is always a sweet spirit and a glimpse into my children's mind. We watched some football, digested our food and enjoyed the day.  I love Thanksgiving.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment