Sunday, March 20, 2011

Supermoon



Last night the moon was the closest to the earth 221,565 vs the average 238,857 miles in 18 years so it was suppose to be so much larger. Of course we needed to see if they news guys really knew what they were talking about, we headed out to see, we needed to get away from all the trees. We went a mile down the road to a park that looks like the money ran out before it could be finished, like a "ghost park" Loren said I wish I had money to donate so they can finish it. Loren and I were concentrating on watching the moon rise, well we watched what we could through the clouds. The kids didn't think it was as cool as we did, they would glance up at the moon and continue with their singing and joke telling. I had to laugh, one of my favorite sounds in the entire world is kids laughing - you can't help but smile.

Wyatt's joke "What do Martin Luther King and George Washington have in common?
They were both born on holidays. Now this answer did not come quick we had to actually guess, they are both men, nope, well yep but that is not the answers, they both had beards, not even close, they were presidents (no no Kyley don't they teach you anything) they were both assassinated (nope Ty listen in social studies will ya.)

Wyatt, Ty and Kyley discussed their "Noodle" concert. Over the summer when we had the pool noodles they made up some songs, the noodles were their microphones and they would put on concerts.

Up date Up date, Kyley has quit the Noodles and has instead become their manager. Wyatt and Ty are still practicing and will put on a concert soon. With a new manager their p.r. has stepped it up, they have made computer fliers in different colors, no hand written ones with Kyley as the manager. I am so impressed. So while the Supermoon was not all that super the quality time with the kids more than made up for it.

2 comments:

  1. I WANT AN INVITE TO THEIR CONCERT, your kids know where I live/who I live by...maybe if they ever perform in our neighborhood ?!!?
    and speaking of super(moon)...I THINK YOU'RE SUPER JULIE, A SUPER MOM !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best joke ever. Is that a Wyatt original? Can I use it?

    ReplyDelete