Sunday, March 13, 2011
Spring Break
I love spring break, it has a feel to it. October break doesn't have the same feel, it is more of a relief that the heat is finally over. But spring break feels great! I go back to when I was in high school and Kelli and I probably upped our hours at DQ so we could go shop for spring clothes to go with our tans we were diligently working on and that I am now paying for with wrinkles and freckles. It meant the annual trip to the zoo that my mom would take all 8 of us kids plus Kelli and Mike and who ever we could fit it in the silver bullet (van). It means orange blossom, one of my favorite smells and softball games. Forgetting a jacket because the nights still got cool. It means warmer weather and freedom, late nights, late mornings, a new pedicure, time off work. I think it is a week (or two if you work in Chandler) to just BE and I am thankful for it every year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bring on Spring Break. I love it too. The orange blossoms are what get me! Enjoy your two weeks.
ReplyDeletewhat a great way to start the break...YOU GUYS ARE SO FUN!!
ReplyDelete