We have lived in this house for nearly 5 years and I have hated the flooring. We had cheap perhaps the cheapest carpet around that was just a dirt magnet, white tile with 24 year old grout and cement in the kitchen. All these while living on an acre off a dirt road. I dust and dust mop and mop and it never ever felt clean. But this was my year, our tax refund was good and the flooring I wanted was on sale hip hip hooray! I came home from work on Friday and Loren and his brother-in-law Kurt had started the hallway. Saturday we did the entry way, Sunday the kitchen, Monday most of the living room, Tuesday the bathroom and finally Wednesday the rest, we just have to caulk and do the base boards, easy I am told.
It looks so good I am loving Backburg Barn Board (name of our flooring) it goes so good with our "cabin red" kitchen. The flooring opens up the house and I am falling in love with the house not just the land. Loren has been so good and patient, I have wanted everything done right away, but who has that kind of money, none of our trees in our yard are money trees, and Loren has said "what is the hurry we've got at least 30 years here." So true so true, but those 30 years are going to be so much happier walking around on cool new flooring (now if I could just get new counter tops:)
I love it, it look good. You are the best!
ReplyDeleteMaybe we'll make the trek down south this spring break to check it out. And mom, I thought you said I was the best.
ReplyDeleteI love the floor and may need to make a trek down also. And I am the best I was just told today.
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing!!!! I dream of the day to have wood floors...so pretty! I love your house, the land, it is awesome :)
ReplyDelete