Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break = Cousins...


and I love it. We joke I live out of town (Gilbert vs Mesa) so we don't get to see the Goodman cousins much, I think that is why when spring break comes along we make up for missed time. Tuesday Jacob and Abby spent the night, now Abby is Wyatt's age but Kyley invited her, she is such a good big cousins, she plays with them and treats them like a queen, I love it. I laughed my head off when they announced they were having a "Spa Day" and I went into Taylor's room to not only find Abby getting made over by Kyley but Wyatt, Ty and Jacob (sitting with his feet in the mas-sager) waiting all reading magazines. I tried to snap an inconspicuous picture but I failed and they all "manned" up. Since the spa day wasn't manly enough Ty and Jacob headed out to make bike ramps and jumps, trying to catch air. I remember doing the very same thing with Mike, Kelli, Dale and Laura (we haven't' changed that much)

Wednesday Dyan and Karrie both made the long drive out to see my new floor and Karrie wanted to fetch her kids (I hope they weren't too grumpy today). Dyan stopped and picked up Little Caesars and we feasted on pizza while the cousins played. Dy, Karrie and I sat around the kitchen table talking doing our best to encourage the kids to leave us alone, so we are not sure what was occupying all their time outside, I am sure it was jumping on the trampoline, digging in dirt, swinging on the swing, making "food" (thanks Annie) and just being kids totally content. We saw them when the needed a drink or wanted more pizza, perfect.

Before Dyan left I asked Jack, Jay and Kate if they wanted to look for eggs, sure enough there was a white one in the old cupboard and a brown one in the chicken coop. Jay needed an egg too so we went in the kitchen and I let him pick one, he chose a green one. They all took them home nestled in their shirt. Jack wanted to keep his warm hoping to hatch a chick, I said why don't you just eat it for dinner tonight.

If I haven't said it enough I love spring break!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for keeping my kids. They had such a great time. Last night, Jake and Abby gave Jeremy and I massages. We both crashed on the floor and who knows what they did after we were conked out. Thanks Kyley for introducing spa treatments to the Platt home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I miss my Goodman girl cousins. We seriously need to get together very, very soon. Sounds like you guys had a good week enjoying the break!

    ReplyDelete