
We went to a rodeo this weekend, there is something uniquely American about a rodeo, as a cowgirl rode out on her horse, full speed, carrying an American flag they played the song "I Believe in America". I don't know who sings it nor had I ever heard it before but it brought a tear to my eye. I believe in American too, I love this country. The announcer praised our troops and this great country founded on freedom and then he said I am going to exercise that freedom and say a prayer. It was a sincere prayer of gratitude for this land we all live in and the safety of all the participants and the fans. I was thrilled, it reminded me that there are good people all around us, sure we have our problems but I will take American any day over any other country.
The rodeo was the highlight of my week, I liked the team roping, Loren liked the bull riding, Ty's favorite was the steer wrestling and Wyatt liked the the clown, especially when they blew off the lid on the BBQ. The girls had a babysitting job and a birthday party to go to, so Ty got to bring his friend Tate. We met the Mclemore's there and just cheered, laughed and clapped our hearts out. Those cowboys and cowgirls are a tough group of people. It made me proud to be an American.
PS: congrats to Ty as he is back on the front page
congratulations Ty. I'm so proud of you. And I'm proud to be an American too. I love our blessed country.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. We are so blessed to live in America. You have been keeping up on the blogging way to go. And way to go Ty for making the front page again.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I always get choked up from patriotic stuff too. :)
ReplyDelete