Sunday, March 20, 2011

Elaine vs. Lane and the Taco



This is a two year old story but one worth repeating. A quick side note, about the time this happened we all went camping and my mom made the statement that the funniest story EVER was when she picked Dale Jr. up from the airport after Marine Corps Basic Training and he sat ram-rod straight while they waited for their plane. Really that is the funniest story I think I can top that.

Our friend Lane was over doing work in our yard, breaking our horse just miscellaneous stuff and I had just gotten back from running errands and a quick stop at Taco Bell. I knew Lane was over so I got an extra taco and burrito. I told Ty "run this out to Lane." He was gone a long time but whatever maybe Lane was out back I didn't know, Ty came back and ate his taco and that should be the end of it. NOPE.

A week later I was getting a pedicure and our neighbor Elaine was there too and she came over and thank me for the taco? What in the world is she talking about is what went through my mind, but I didn't' let on. She continued, "I was starving and late for work and here comes your boy knocking on my door with a Taco Bell taco. I was so thankful it was just what I needed." It all started to fall into place, I had said Lane, Ty still says I said Elaine, no wonder he was gone so long. I also wonder what Elaine really thought of us when she saw an 8 yr old boy offering her ONE Taco Bell taco. You have to laugh, I think it tops DJ sitting up really straight. Ty didn't like this story told but I guess 2 years is enough time because he is OK with it now, I tried to tell him that maybe he was the answer to Elaine's prayer.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Ty for making the front page. I only hope it lasts. I really think this is the funniest story. Thanks for lunch Julie it was great. Oh ya I want an invite to the concert too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty Ty Ty. Do you finally admit it now? That your mom said Lane not Elaine? So funny. I had fun today Julie

    ReplyDelete