Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving


I have so much to be thankful for, first Thanksgiving wasn't at our house today, the first time in 3 years. I have enjoyed hosting it but it was a nice change. We got to sleep in a little, hang out, watch the parade and not have to hurry and set up tables and wipe down chairs. We even had time to do my favorite tradition. Write our thankful list while sipping sparkling cider. All the kids can now write and they include things that I sometimes forget. My favorite came from Loren when he wrote that he was thankful for me for "being a good friend and a true gift from Heavenly Father." I teared up a bit. After we read our list, we spent time adding the things we had forgotten.

We had the Goodman's at 12:30 and probably the best turkey I have ever tasted made by my brother in law John. It was good to see my sisters and all the cousins, I know we all live in the valley but we live in the "south-side" (Gilbert) while the other cousins live in the "north-side" (Mesa) and it is a long 30 minute drive so I don't see them as much as I should. I enjoyed watching Ty play football and wiffle ball with Jack, Jake and Durham, watching Wyatt climb the tree with Jay Dog, Kyley play hide the shoe with Hannah, and Taylor hugging and playing with Annie. It was a good day and it wasn't over yet.

Home for a quick nap then to the Chesley's at Loren's sister Jody's house. It was close by and I was ready for a little dinner. I see these people even less than my family so it was good to visit and catch up. My niece Lacy, the one that watches our kids when Loren and I go out of town announced that she was pregnant. That now makes all of Jody's daughters prego. Her only son Kendall leaves for his mission on Tuesday the 30th so we had fun taking pictures with all his family of his last Thanksgiving home for 2 years. When Loren and I were first married I babysit those kids, Brye, Lacy, Heather and Kendall and have always felt close to them, they are now all grown up - it is crazy - time marches on.

I am so thankful for all my family but especially for my immediate family for Loren and his love and humor, his listening ear and his awesome advice. For Taylor, Kyley,Ty and Wyatt I love my little family and the closeness I feel on days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment