Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hawaii - Day 3-4





Saturday we woke up early to see Pearl Harbor, I think we were second in line. The movie they showed was of footage that I had never seen anywhere, it brought a tear to my eye to think of all those that gave their life for my freedom. As I was walking around I saw this quote that Eleanor Roosevelt carried with her in her wallet during WWII.

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?"

Pretty powerful...

We then headed up to Waimea to see the water fall. On our way we saw the coolest rainbow so of course we had to pull over. It was the brightest rainbow I have ever seen, then it dimmed like it was going out and all of the sudden it was like someone switched on the light and it was so bright and then there was a double. We probably saw three more rainbows that day, I understood why they have rainbows on their licenses plates.

We got to the falls a little early and were waiting in line for what we thought was the park. The line started to move and they said, go pick out a tree. It was Arbor Day and the Park was giving a way a free tree, we didn't think we could bring one home so we gave it to a person standing in line with us - she was excited as she went home with 2 free trees not just one. We found the entrance and again I felt like we were the only ones at the park. There were so many different kinds of flowers and trees, stuff that we never see in Az. It rained on us and the river was roaring, we heard a tree branch crack and fall off into the river. The falls which are usually mild and you can swim by them were raging from all the rain. I love this land so dang beautiful.

The car was due back and we had the Cox dinner so we headed back into Waikiki, we hung out at the beach and snorkeled in the ocean by our hotel. The sun had come out and the weather was awesome!. Dinner that night was good, they had hula dancers and fire dancers, they picked Loren to go up on stage and dance he busted the move - he did great, the hit of the party. I love Loren's sense of humor - I laughed so hard on this trip. I can honestly say that this has been the best vacation of my life.

Sunday we woke up ate breakfast at a little cafe around the corner of our hotel, Loren says this was the best meal of the of the trip. I spent one last hour at the beach then time to hurry up and wait for the trip home. We are so blessed! I hope to go back one day and if we ever hit it big I am taking all our children.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like fun. Hannah says she wants to go to Hawaii for her birthday party, so of course your whole family is invited. We'll be going Jan 19th ish, I guess. Keep it open. I'm glad you had fun. Such a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time. I want to go back. I guess I will have to go for Hannah's b-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Julie! I am glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete