I had a mini math training at ASU from
Wednesday to Friday. I hadn't been on the
campus in 20 years. I have been to the football
stadium, but not walking around eating at the
MU going into the math and engineering
memories came back and I am amazed how
much has change and how much building is
going on. It was a good class, I am now
motivated to do some better teaching.
While I was expanding my mind the older kids were expanding their wallets. Taylor Kyley and Ty worked the concession stand for someone in our ward whose mother owns a dance studio and this weekend was their recital at Queen Creek High School. Taylor and Kyley had worked for them for a couple of years now but it was Ty's first year as he was finally old enough. Ty was excited heck when you are 11 working concessions if fun. Taylor was just going through the motions, she has had a little more life experience. They worked from 2-10pm Thursday-Saturday and came home exhausted but all the richer for it.
Wyatt is now 8 so he had cub scout day camp. They met at 1:30 and were gone until 10:30pm. It was his first time and he enjoyed swimming , shooting BB guns and bow and arrows, but his favorite was the ongoing water balloon fight between the boys. He told me Thursday night and that you can get 50 balloons for a $1 and his little mind was working out how much he could get for $10 or $20 etc... I said to stick to a dollars worth. Well Friday I get a call from the leader, she said Wyatt just slapped down a $20 bill and said "give me 1000 balloons" she stopped him in time and limited it to only a dollar. It made me laugh, thank goodness for good attentive leaders.
What this meant for me was that when I got home from my class at 4:30 the house was empty. Loren was working and all the kids were gone, it was strange but I enjoyed my down time. Watched a few TV shows, did a little cleaning and enjoyed the quiet. Friday Loren and I went out to dinner and Saturday we ran some errands. He needed to drop stuff off at his mom's house and since we were "in town" we stopped by my parents house too. It was a quiet visit and we were talking about the photos that were gathered from Grandpa and Grandma Goodman's house, my parents showed us their wedding photo and how faded it had gotten and how it needed some "digitally remastering". Loren said he'd take it and scan it and play with it.
Well here it is don't they look great. The before picture they looked to be wearing yellow dresses and you can't even tell that the flowers were pink. Their 44th year anniversary is coming us June 20th, they are still so happily married, I hope with dad's retirement they stay that way (JK) They have always been an example to me on making a marriage work and I am thankful for them for that.


Wow busy and fun at the same time. Jack loved cub scout day camp and the water balloons. As a parent and leader the balloons aren't that fun. Can't wait to see you on Wednesday. And of course you can shower at my house:)
ReplyDeleteI'm on your blog! I invited you to mine and sorry if I sent the invite like 4 times! I love that picture of your parents. Your mom looks beautiful! SO fun to see you on Wednesday night!
ReplyDelete