As I said last post this is her week - Friday she turned 17 I can't believe, just about two weeks ago we were transferring all our videos from VHS to DVD and I was amazed at our first daughter and how much she has grown and how much she has stayed the same. There was one video when she was 4 doing a little song and dance performance and she was told to go to your "x" well she stayed on her "x" and she even got after the girl next to her for getting off her "x", she still likes order and for things to be just so, everything needs to be on its "x". She still had that same curly hair and that same smile and every now and then she will make a face that reminds me of when she was four.

We woke early to help her celebrate her day traditional Chesley style - 6AM opening presents and chocolate cake, love it. She drove herself since she had the AP US History (APUSH) exam that day and her zero hour teacher (which is APUSH) told the students that he wasn't' taking attendance until 7:20 wink wink. I think nothing like a 4 hour test to celebrate your day of birth. Her friends brought her cake, cards and presents, then she spend the night at Relay for Life a fund raiser for cancer that Perry NHS and Key Club were participating in. Since I am the co-sponsor of Key Club and I knew Taylor would be there I singed up, we were walking for Loren's sister that is battling a form of cancer now. It was a neat experience. Here she is with some of her friends. The time between walking the track was spend playing "duck, duck, goose" " look up look down look at someone" (wonder where they learned that one) soccer, football, eating snacks just a good time. Probably not the funnest way to spend a birthday but Taylor made the best of it, look at that happy shining face.



Saturday was MoPro - Taylor's date, Brandon Perez and most of the guys in her group had a big time wrestler come down and had a camp that they had to go to so the "day date" was cut short, they hung by the pool and made homemade pizzas, then home again to get made into a princess. She had Brandon's sister (a former student) and three friends help her with her hair, makeup and dress, her dress laced up at least 20 times in the back - I know since I had to help her unlace it at 3:00am (I guess better me than a boy, we joked that chastity belts come in many forms) - any way I digress. She looked absolutely beautiful, they went to the dance which was at Barney Sport's Complex so no heels were allowed, so she wore fancy "Toms", they danced and danced then hit the 11:20 showing of "The Avengers" still wearing their Prom attire, she didn't get home until late and she still manged to wake for 8:00am church (I might have quilted her a bit since it is mother's day) Here she is so beautiful...man I am glad she was born into our family, she wrote me a sweet note for mother's day and she commented on how as she has gotten older our conversations have matured so true I am loving it. Her former YW advisor and neighbor was over yesterday and said "Taylor is 17 I was 19 when I got married and had my twins less than a year later" crazy crazy crazy - she is growing up to fast
Wow Julie you've raised amazing kids. Happy birthday TT- you look bee-utiful!
ReplyDeletewow she is beautiful. I can't believe she is growing up so fast. Julie your kids are great.
ReplyDelete