Friday, December 9, 2011
New Temple
Growing up in Mesa, I was always 10 minutes from the temple - it was the temple I was married in, actually it is the only temple that I have ever done a session in, I love the Mesa temple. We moved out to the "south-side" and the temple became a little tougher to get to since it was now 30-40 minutes away. I know I can't complain since there are many that live much farther and do not get to enjoy the blessings of the temple, but me being human I mummer. When they announced there was going to be a Gilbert temple I was excited, when I realized it was only 2 miles from our home I was thrilled. I have watched the corner of Pecos and Greenfield for what seems like years waiting for them to break ground, they had to bury the electric lines, dig trenches, it seemed forever before we "saw" any progress but we did and it has been fun to watch.. Last week on my way to Wal-mart and to do a little Christmas shopping, I noticed the first "bricks" at the top of the new temple. It was raining and traffic was slow so I shot a picture. While I waited for traffic to clear, my eyes filled with tears and my heart filled with gratitude for the temple ,and although I don't get often enough, I was reassured that the covenants in the temple are right and true and my testimony was strengthen, just by driving by the site, I am so excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wow it's making progress! I thought it might always just be the elevator shafts or whatever it was that was sticking out forever. I love the temple too.
ReplyDelete