Santa found us and I must say our children must have been good. It seemed to come faster especially since the boys had school until Friday and then bam Saturday was Christmas Eve. I would rather have that way any day than an whole week of waiting. We spent Christmas Eve cleaning, (Santa can't come to a messy house),baking banana bread ( Kyley makes the best) and peanut butter cookies with the kiss on top (Taylor and my favorites), wrapping present and watching football (Cardinals lost heart breaker). I was hoping with all we had to do that this Christmas Eve would go by faster but nope it is still the longest day of the year.


This year we had my Mom, Dad and Matt come out for dinner. I hope this will be a new tradition, it was fun to have my parents all to ourselves. We had ham, mash potatoes, salad, rolls and good conversation. The kids opened their O.C.E. (open Christmas Eve - I abbreviated due to recent hand surgery) present - new pajamas, surprise surprise surprise (said Gomer Pyle style) Wyatt's were to big so he could not do any of his dancing or they would fall down. I worked the kids hard this day so by 9 they were ready for bed, all tucked in Taylor's room. I read them "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and kissed them goodnight. Santa visited our house early and I think he was in bed by 10:30 (lovely night).
At 4:00am Loren rolls over and says "I am sick" I say so sorry thinking that sucks to be sick on Christmas, then he says "I am sick of waiting." He was excited for the kids. They all woke at 6:30 to find that indeed their good deeds through the year had paid off.
 |
| Taylor and Kyley got new lap-tops, they need them to keep up their good grades. |
|
 |
| Ty got an electric scooter - he had to wait until the next day to try it out- it needed to charge. | |
|
 |
| Wyatt with his "Skylanders" game and a new train. |
 |
| The quote in the newspaper: "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don't clean it up too quickly." Andy Rooney |
Since Christmas was on Sunday we got to go to church, the kids all looked great and I got to spend an hour with my favorite people, listening to good music and feeling the spirit of this special day.

Home again home again to play with the toys and relax before heading out to my parents house for Christmas night dinner, pot-luck Mexican food, so good. We gathered in the front room which has decreased in size over the years (or maybe it is just our family growing) and listened to my dad read the Christmas story from Luke and the boys sing "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" the cousins were just waiting so they could open their presents. All the boys got "real" Marine dog tags with their name and religion engraved, so cool. Taylor and Kyley got movie tickets and money and Loren and I got a book called "One in a Billion" in which my mom wrote "I love you the most" - she wrote that in all the books but she really meant it in mine she said so on last page - jk- I love my parents.
 |
| Goodman cousins -being silly of course |
 |
| Will, Dane, Grandma, Ty and Wyatt |
We had to skip out early and miss the white elephant because Loren's family moved their Christmas breakfast to night due to church schedules. Grandma Chesley got all the girls a cute hat, all different but all reflecting their personality. She got the boys a "music" shirt, drums, guitar or keyboard - they all made lots and lots of noise. It was good to see the Chesley's and visit. We got home and I told the kids you can stay up as late as you want playing with toys but I am going to bed I was exhausted as I did not get my usual Christmas nap.
 |
| Aurelia, Taylor, Brianna (Noble foster child ), Kyley |
We missed you at the white elephant exchange. It wasn't the same without you. I love this time of year cause we get to see you so much. It was a great Christmas.
ReplyDelete