Monday, December 19, 2011

Decorating our Tree

We finally decorated our tree - we were really late we didn't get to it until Thursday the 15th, we had to put our presents under a 3 foot wooden tree I decorated about 10 years ago. Wyatt was OK with just using this tree but Ty was set against it. I thought the presents wrapped with newspaper ( a tradition we started about 6 years ago) lends a home-grown or hilly-billy feel which ever.  Finally we just did it.  Loren stopped on his way home and grabbed one, totally wrapped still, we cut the wrapping away when we get home, its a gamble to see if we got a good tree or a bad one - we got a good one again, just a little hole, but if it didn't have a hole how would you know what side to put against the wall?  This year we had a deer head above where we put our tree so we did what any red-neck would do we decorated the antlers.  I think it looks smashing.  It didn't take long, which was good since Taylor and Kyley had end of the semester projects they were working on, but it was an hour of well spend family time.  I love this tradition, it is my favorite every year and as the tradition goes we have to pretend to sleep, those photos crack me up.  I love my little family.
Loren with the kids after he opened a gift from Ty - a new ornament so of course we couldn't wait until Christmas,we needed to open it now.


 
We cannot take the "sleeping picture" without laughing our heads off, as soon as the all the kids get the "perfect sleeping" picture I will be sad - I love Taylor & Ty laughing,  Wyatt with the eyes wide open, the Kyley with the cheesey sleep to me this is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about red-neck, man oh man. I love the sleeping pic tradition. It was fun seeing you Saturday. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree and the sleeping. and look I can leave comments.

    ReplyDelete