
Kyley graduated from 8th grade, I love how in Higley they make a big deal, (I remember being on the bus on the last day of school at Kino Jr. High and some teacher gave me my certificate, when I graduated from 8th grade) Not at Coronado they had speeches, the walk and goodies for refreshments. Kyley earned straight A's, was a member of NJHS, played on the softball and volleyball teams and the best - drum roll please 2nd place for class clown, now 1st place means all she wants to do is make people laugh, 2nd place means she has other talents. We are so proud of her.
Ty finished the year strong all while suffering from his migraines. He has learned when they are coming on and that he needs an Ibuprofen STAT, he also has learned its triggers and he is learning to be his own advocate. Just a couple weeks ago, he felt one coming on and he tells the teacher he needs to go to the nurse, it was a substitute and she said just go put your head down and it will get better. She didn't know and in the past Ty would have, being an obedient kid, but this time he said, "I get migraines, I need to go to the nurse." He caught it in time and he was fine when he was telling me this story after school. It made me proud and a little sad, Ty is growing up. 4th grade they start getting A's and B's etc and it was an adjustment for Ty but he finished 4th quarter with straight A's, made the Principal's List and 3 - count them - 3 Reader Awards. So proud of all my kids:)
I love how different your kids are, but equally talented and amazing. Way to go Smiley and Ty! I can't believe you have 2 high schoolers now, where does the time go?
ReplyDelete