I am so thankful my kids like school and they do well, they work hard and their hard work has paid off with good grades and a few awards.
Wyatt just had his 1st grade awards ceremony today and he got two awards
1st - "Best Mathematician" he frequently asked for 2 digit addition and subtraction problems he has a great teacher that gave him all the practice he wanted, and he is in 1st grade.
2nd - "Award Winning Author" he likes to write stories and he puts them on power points. He has such stories as "The Killing Quail" and "Animal Stories". He really wants to direct movies. Just last week he came home from school saying he already has 3 people that will work for him.
This pictures is posed, he was working on a power point about his life and he needed a picture to go along with his slide on what he wants to be when he grows up, right now, he wants to be writer, movie director or police. Funny story, about 2 years ago (Wyatt was still in preschool) we were talking about what he wanted to be when he grows up. He says he wants to work at McDonald's, I said come one what else, he says maybe work on a ship (I think he had been watching lots of Suite Life of Zack and Cody). I tried to motivate him by telling he that he can be anything he wants aim high, he got it because he then said "I guess I will be the president of China." Wasn't expecting that:) Proud of you Wyatt.Taylor is in 10th grade and she just got inducted into National Honor Society. It is tough at Perry to get into this club, you need at least a 3.8 GPA Taylor's is 4.4, involved in the school, many community service hours and high recommendations from the teachers. Of course Taylor had them all. Here she is with her friend Chloe after the ceremony. She was also voted "Most likely to Make your Day" by her yearbook class. Taylor always has a smile on her face at school.
Taylor also got an invite to the 10th grade awards assembly, she had earned her academic letter, anyone with a 4.0 GPA or higher gets this award. Taylor is doing well,lets hope she can keep it up she has a tough schedule next year with AP English, AP US History, Honors Spanish 3, Physics, Honors Pre-calc (right now I am her teacher, I am sure that will change quickly) dance and seminary. I don't think I will be seeing much of my eldest next year. Nice job Taylor, love you and we are proud of you.
Your kids are amazing and what is even better is that they are so normal and fun to be around. I enjoyed hanging out with you today. Summer is coming so lets get together.
ReplyDeleteGo Chelsey's. Julie you have raised amazing kids. I love the China story, beats Dale sitting up straight any day - just kidding Mom, that will always be the best story.
ReplyDelete