Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010 Hello 2011


We held our traditional bonfire, hot chocolate, let off fire works, burn Christmas trees New Year's Eve shin-dig. Taylor and Kyley invited friends my sisters Dyan and Karrie came with their families and our friends the Mclemores came over to send off 2010. I love this tradition, it is a given I didn't even talk to Karrie I just assumed she was going to come over its what we do. (I will be sad when she decides to stay close to home) I like that my kids are close by not out with all the drunks and the crazies. I like that it is easy, everyone just brings what ever, we had cookies, carrots, chips, dips no chains or whips but popcorn made the old fashion way with real butter. It was so fun - the funniest part was that everyone left by 11:30 to get home before all the crazies and Loren and I were in bed watching the ball drop on NY in TV and listening to all the legal fireworks go off around the neighborhood. We are getting old!


*Jeremy, Jack, Jake, Ty* *Annie and Kate* *Chloe, Taylor, Jayme, Abby*



1 comment:

  1. Oh, the memories you just brought back.

    Chips, dips, chains, whips...
    A little Wierd Science flashback from our youth. Made me think of all the nights we spent working the DQ drive-thru together cracking one inside joke after another. We were an amazing duo!
    Miss you tons, Jules!

    ReplyDelete