
September 3, 2010... My children had never been to a professional baseball game that they remembered. When Loren worked for MCSO he had an off duty gig at the Cajun House a night club in Scottsdale, the players would come in and leave tickets for him at the will call all the time. We would go and take our girls but they were little and don't really remember. Kristin, my sister-in-law called and had 6 tickets to the D-back game that they couldn't use - do we want them. Heck ya, not 2 or 3 but 6 enough for the whole family. It was a Friday, Loren didn't have to work, Ty's football practice was canceled, it looked as if the stars had aligned.
We rode the Metro into Phoenix, that in itself was cool. There is something about a pro-stadium, the excitement, the field, the sounds, it was so cool. I liked watching my kid's faces as much as I liked watching the game. The D-backs were playing the Dodgers and at first Taylor and Ty said "can we cheer for the Dodgers?" I forbade it, I said you can like the Yankees and the D-backs. We will always cheer for the home town team. The D-backs lost but it was a good game and my kids are old enough and have played enough so they understood the game and they were totally into it. It was such a fun family night.
No comments:
Post a Comment