Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Beach Beach Beach

 
 We hit Carlsbad Beach again this fall break and it was wonderful. Loren had the entire week off, the weather was nearly perfect, the company was great what more could we ask for? The boys and I went to the beach every day Monday - Saturday we had a storm on Thursday, pretty bad, Loren and I were at Sports Authority getting another awning when the kids called, I guess a huge thunder cloud hit the campsite, blew over our huge 20xbig white awning,and our umbrella and was dumping water. The camp host said he looked out over the water and saw a "twister" said it was crazy, we hurried home cleaned up, ate soup, the sun came out Taylor and Kyley hit the outlet shops for some shopping and the boys and I hit the beach. 
 
Tay, Ky and Wyatt hung out in their tent alot Kyley was reading Harry Potter #7 so she was engaged in her book, it is a good one so I understand.

 The Ricedorffs joined us for the fist part of the week, they left on Wednesday, Dyan asked if 8:30am was too early to be at the beach, the answer is a definite no.  One of the days Ryan borrowed the camp neighbors surf board and gave lessons to whoever wanted to try, it was awesome to watch.  Ty got up, looks like a pro, Taylor got up for a split second  she needs a little more work.




Kyley, Kate, Taylor and Ella my big girls played with the little girls so much
 
Jay and Wyatt the best of friends and not one fight - success!
 
Jake and Ty - the water was a little cold but really not bad.
 
 
 
We woke up each morning pretty early, ate bacon, egss or donuts,  took a walk, maybe a little long board until it was time for the beach.  Taylor looks like she belongs here.
 
 
Taylor and Kyley went to Knott's Berry Farm with the Browns, we asked Wyatt if he wanted to got and he said he had enough at Sea World and Ty said "I'll try."  I thought I am not spending money if they don't want to go - Taylor and Kyley were mad, saying "you ruined it for us.."  Uncle Steve and Aunt Cindy had extra room so they included Taylor and Kyley and guess what we did - yep the beach.  Wyatt was a liitle bored and was complainign a bit, I told him there are 365 days in a year and we get maybe 10 to spend at the beach so get your suit and lets go.  He was there 5 minutes until he was in the water "body boarding" playing the game with Jay where when a wave comes they just plug their nose and gets flipped around - Dyan and I call that getting hit by a wave, but what ever floats your boat.  I played in the ocean more than I have in a long time, the water was "warm" for California I gage it by how long it takes to get in the water, only a few minutes.  The waves were great made for some good boogie boarding, I wiped out at least once each time I went in and I have the bruises to show for it, but it was so much fun.
 
Kyley just missed a wave -she is so cute
 
 

Look at that wave - it was like this everyday- Friday being the best, Ty and Afton were pros, posing trying to do 180's it was fun to try to keep up.
 
 
The last night there was Barrett's 14th birthday so we all went to the park.  When we got there there we were greeted with a banner "Siar Geata of Amtgard" ?? There were grown men running around in reniassance like costumes "jousting" and acting out "fights" we laughed and sat down to watch.
 
 
 The only picture of Loren and, I look how handsome he is and how tan we all are, the tan will fad fast but the memories will last.  I am a little sad because next year Taylor will be in college, hopefully she can make it for a few days .  Loren asked, "how many days until your get tired of this"  I can say not after 7 (but it was nice to dress with dry feet after your shower.)

 Goodbye beach - until next year!

1 comment:

  1. ALL YOU BEAUTIES AND YOUR BOYS ON THE BEACH...HOW FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete