Thursday, December 6, 2012

Catch- up...

October came and went, then November came and went and what the heck it is December - shame on me... I woke up and I am pretty sure someone stole a month from me, I think it might have been October and that week of beach camping... anyways some documentation is better than none right.

 Ty turned 12 on October 27th and got ordained a deacon on the 28th, I cannot believe I have a Aaronic priesthood holder.  He looked so handsome in his suit and he is making friends in the new ward. After he received the priesthood, my mom and dad, and the Augustin's came over for steak dinner, it was so low key and enjoyable, I sometimes wonder why it seems we need to have an excuse to have the people we love over.  The first week he was to pass the sacrament he woke with a massive migraine  (they have been coming more and more often I don't know if it is the weather, pollution or his "changing body" hehe),  the next week was the state stake conference so he didn't pass until the 18th of November.  He was so nervous because he wasn't sure of the procedure but we got to church early and one of the deacons took him under his wing and showed him the ropes.  I am so proud that he takes his duties serious and he performs them with reverence and respect.  I love this boy of mine.

Taylor went to her senior homecoming, she went with Brandon Perez her boyfriend at the time, now he is just a friend that is a boy.  She looked gorgeous and she had a good time.  She has been busy applying to colleges and for scholarships   She has been officially accepted to N.A.U. with $3500 a year guarantee she is certain that she will be able to get more, I hope so anyways, she is carrying a 5 AP classes and a "just" human biology and getting straight A's hopefully the money will come.



Kyley turned 15 and a half and Loren took her down to DMV to get her permit, but I forgot you need your SSN and I don't have my kid number's memorized so she was not able to get it. Kyley was bummed but we will get it soon, I need her driving by the time Taylor leaves for school.  She is also rocking the straight A's. She has her 5th hour class right next door to my class so I get to see her every 5th hour, I love it.

Wyatt is Wyatt, I ask him about his heritage report and he tells me  "you know what's weird " I love it when he starts off like this... He says "right after I gave my report a kid that was just a MINOR friend gave his and then we started talking and now we are those kind of friends"  I am thinking so Wyatt promoted this kid to the "show".  He then explains the rules of friends, " There are 5 levels of friends, you got ONE best best friend, a few best friends, lots of minor friends..." you get the idea, love this kid's thought process.

Other highlights, Halloween, it was in the middle of the week so no major celebration, Kyley & Taylor went to friends house, I took Wyatt  trick or treating.  Ty met up with friends from the ward, they both got lots and lots of goodies.

 Goodman reunion - November 11th Grandpa's birthday and the first year both Grandma and Grandpa we not there, I am sure they were smiling down at their posterity.  This was the first reunion, because when they were alive it was a birthday party.  I love seeing all my cousins it makes happy.

The "Big 4" Uncle Steve (US) Uncle Jim (Bishop) Aunt Katrina and Dad

 The girls - Laura, Karrie, Mom, Me and Dyan


Thanksgiving - November 22nd (too early)  came and went - I have so much to be thankful for.  We ate at my parents house first then on to Loren's moms house.  I feel so blessed to have not one but two great families.  We changed our thankful list tradition a bit to where we sat around the table drinking our "wine" (apple cider) and just saying what we were thankful for.  The rules evolved to where when one said something the rest had to say something that started with the same letter, no repeats allowed, family, faith, freedom, friends... My favorite was mine, I said VACATIONS now everyone had to say something that started with V - Wyatt -  vi... something you know a one hump camel, (start laughter) Kyley  - Voldermort, Taylor - Vermont Ty - I can't remember, Loren - Valiant warriors.  It was a fun time.


All the Goodman Grand kids except Ryan (the oldest) he couldn't make it

 Mission homecoming - November 28th - Kendall (our nephew, Jody and Kurt's only son) came home from Africa.  We were at the airport and then over to his house Thursday and Friday.  We are the closest to the Augustins and it was so so good to see him and hear his stories.   I babysat these kids when Loren and I were first married now they have kids of their own.   His church homecoming is Sunday and I look forward to hearing more.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment