Wednesday, September 5, 2012
California 2012
I was asked in April if I wanted to attend the AP Calculus conference in San Diego - well although four 8 hour days of calculus sounded like a blast, being that close to the beach yet so far caused me some concern - like will I be able to focus? Then I found out I was the only one in my department going so that meant I did not need to share a hotel room which meant I got to bring the family and make a vacation out of it. I am pleased to say that I was able to focus (most of the time) and I refreshed my knowledge of calculus and Loren and the kids partied it up during the day. My only rule was the family had to be rested enough to do something else at 4 when I got done, and they obliged. Here we are on the last day of the conference, Loren and the kids met me at USD campus to eat lunch and walked around. University of San Diego is a private Catholic university and it is absolutely beautiful, the grounds should be with a $50,000 a year tuition. Taylor was in heaven, I told her we only have to win the lottery, her grades are already good enough to get her in. We met a USD student and she said "everyone is on scholarship at least $20,000" well a $30,000 tuition is much more reasonable (sarcasm).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment