Saturday, April 7, 2012

Conference







This was the first conference weekend in a long long time that we did not have anything. I got to watch part of all sessions and all of Sunday morning. Usually it is just Sunday morning - I was uplifted. I love the counsel of our prophets and their words of encouragement, I really want to do better. 


Sunday as the tradition goes we headed to my parents house for beans and bread, but this year we also celebrated Easter since my mom was to have hand surgery the Thursday before. The Platts made the trip down from Prescott and I got to meet my newest niece Claire, so sweet. My cousin Kelli and her family rode the bikes over which meant more kids to play with.  We were missing Dyan and Mark (both out of town.) The kids hunted for eggs, played ball, raced, ate candy all the while the adults visited and laughed. My dad said it best while pumping his fist in the air " I love it, this must be what heaven is like."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment