Friday, March 9, 2012
The Moon
The moon has been full lately and I love it. I have gained a greater appreciation of the moon and the "lesser light that rules the night" since moving to our home nearly 6 years ago. It is dark so we can actually tell that the moon is giving off light, we have shadows from the moon. I am sure I knew this when I was younger and we played mean games of hide-n-go seek at night, I am certain that the moon was out guiding us especially since we did not get street lights until my 9th grade year. I also remember taking a night hike during one of your youth conferences and being amazed at how bright it was, but then... I forgot. We got street lights the city crept closer and the artificial lights got brighter and the moon was forgotten until 6 years ago. I am amazed time and time again how bright and how much light the moons offers us. Tuesday night at about 10:00pm (Loren got off late) we had to load our cow to take it to get slaughter and processed. We like to load it the night before since it needs to be at location at 6:00AM. Loren took a flash light with him but he only needed it to latch the trailer, the moon provided us enough light to load the cow and see what we were doing, and again I was amazed. I don't know why some months the moon seems so much larger and closer, this is one of those months and I'm glad I have the chance to appreciate that "lesser light."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't appreciate the night sky until moving to PV. I love how big the moon can seem and how close the stars look. Did you see Venus and Jupiter a few weeks ago when they were right there in line with the moon? It was amazing. Cool picture.
ReplyDeleteI love your picture it is beautiful. Us city folks can still see the moon. In fact just the other night Kate noticed how big it was. But I do miss seeing it how it was when we were growing up.
ReplyDelete