 |
| Kyley is on the left hand side, in the black rain jacket, Ty is in the front right hand side. |
Our ward provided us a CD with pictures of our kids at the culture celebration, I was so excited I came right home and scrolled through the pictures looking for my kids... I found a few, I was hoping there was one of Kyley and Ty together acting like they love each other, no such luck, but there were a few and I will take what ever I can get to document this event. (see earlier post for more)
 |
| Kyley - Megan Moore, and Maquel Chapman (I have Maquel in my zero hour class - cool kids) |
The celebration had a little bit of everything, it started with...
- The Children of Abraham and an Israelite Folk Dance
- "We'll find Zion in the midst of Babylon, *'Courage Strong!' will be our guide* The light of promise will shines upon us* We trust our God, we're in His hands* For we're the Children of Abraham"
- Let This Be Known - Fiery Furnace and Fire Dance
- This dance celebrated the heroes Shadrach, Meshach and Abendnego - they didn't compromise their values, even with the threat of being thrown into a fire, they stayed "true to the faith"
- True to the Faith was Kyley and Ty's dance here they are, well the back of Ty's head as they donned their costumes and waited for their part. Captain Moroni rallied his people with the Title of Liberty, each had their own title of liberties that they wrote their
"personal declarations to Live True to the Faith". Ty's said "keep the commandments" Kyley's said "Tune my heart to sing thy grace".
- Pima Basket Dance celebrated our Native American Heritage.
- Pioneers and a Hoedown - talked about when Brigham Young sent them to Arizona and they sang "This can't be the start of something good." I'm sure it felt that way 100 years ago with no a/c and running water but it was the start of something good.
- Toma Mi Mano - (Take my Hand) celebrating our Latin American Heritage
- The Lucky Ones - "Their banners on Mt. Zion are shining like the sun- We're built upon their dreams, we're the Lucky Ones." We are so blessed to have the temple in our mist, we.. me I am so lucky.
- How Can I Be - this was my favorite song, 400 ukulele pose the question "How can I be like Abinadi, Samuel the Lamanite, Benjamin the Wise, Jesus Christ."
- They ended with I Choose This Day... I hope my children will always choose the right, choose to follow the prophet and Choose to live as Jesus did. Here is a picture of President Thomas S, Monson and Henry B. Eyring applauding and giving the thumbs up, how cool that my kids could say they were there...

No comments:
Post a Comment