Buffalo Wild Wing Bowl - dubbed "chicken wing bowl" by Wyatt was a blast, there were lots of extra tickets so Jody, Kurt, Kendall, Brye and her family, Matt, Dad, Joe, Cassie, Dyan, Ryan and of course Matt and Dad attended. Kansas State and Michigan played we were cheering for Kansas State even though our tickets were in the middle of Michigan fans (we decided on the way over) the atmosphere is so fun and festive I love it. We had good seats close to the end-zone so they were awesome when the action was in front of us - kind of sucky when the action was on the far end of the field but good times good times. I love this picture of Jody and Kurt especially the classic photo-bomb by Ty in the back ground I laugh every time I see this. Taylor had gone back to NAU since she had to work - that was the only one missing from this fun fun night. The Fiesta Bowl was on New Years Day - Kyley and Wyatt were a little tired of football so Loren, Ty, Trey (Ty's good friend) and I went. The Fiesta bowl is in Glendale so we left early went to Cabella's, got something to eat and were planning on getting to our seats early. Everything went as planned until we got through security twice (we had to run Ty's football back to the car - you can't bring footballs into football games - who knew) and we were all ready to go in and Loren couldn't find the tickets, I knew we had them I saw Loren grab them, he said he checked several times patting his pocket on the walk to the stadium we searched pockets, jackets Loren went back to the car, the tickets were gone. I called our friends they had extras but they were quite a ways away then I ran into a co-worker told her my situation and she says "oh I got 4 extra tickets right here do you want them" wow - it all worked out. We had a ought time convincing the section "guard" that we were really suppose to sit in section 103 row 13 seats 1 - 4 and that our tickets had been lost or stolen (Loren thinks it was when we went through security) they finally let us in which was good since the Maclemores, Augustins, Matt and all the rest of friends were in that section. Well about half time someone came up to Loren and said " I think you are sitting in our seats" they had our tickets - if it would had been sooner Loren might have punched his lights out - but en ought time had passed and Loren said no these are our tickets, took then gave them the free ones we got from my friend and that was the end of that.

The next day was our anniversary 22 years and boy how time has flown, we went to lunch at Longhorn Steak House - delicious and then just napped and relaxed recovered from our late nights. Loren was off but he was fighting a ear infection so we spent some time taking it easy. I love this man of mine - we have had our ups and downs but I love him more now. He is my best friend we totally get each other I just love him. We haven't changed at all :) I feel like I haven't changed but looking at the pictures we clearly have .The weather was wonderful, we hiked the San Tans one day, I walked most days the wash by our house - I love winter in Arizona!
I had to take Taylor back the Friday

after Christmas because of her job, since Loren was off we went up Friday to spend the day hanging with Taylor. The day before Taylor told us she had Sunday, Monday, Tuesday off so we brought her home with us and spent a few more days with her - love it I will take all I can get. I had to work Monday and Tuesday but the kids all stayed home and bonded with Taylor. When we were in Flagstaff, we went to Oak Creek my new favorite place and hiked where we went last time by the apple orchard, this time we went farther and explored an old burned out hotel. The hotel was built in the 1920's and had guest like Clark Gable and Walt Disney, it burned the 1980's but the foundation, chicken coop and such was still there. It was so neat and the background - wow! We hiked a bit got to the 1st creek to cross and it was all icy and slippery so we turned back, it just makes me want to go back and explore some more. The kids laughed and joked and took a thousand pictures, they are such good friends I love being with them - they all have such good sense of humor, Ty posted that picture (top right) on Instagram - he hates pictures unless it is of just him that was why that picture was so funny. They are goofy and I love every second with them. I hate that they are growing up and moving on - although that is what we raise them to do - I love that they get our humor and are adding to it -so much fun.



No comments:
Post a Comment