Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Break Kick-Off

The 1st quarter of the school year has surpassed the last as the longest - its probably because we have been in school since July 22.   I have another post started but last week was crazy so it didn't get done but this weekend was so good I have to start now and then work back. 

Taylor received her patriarchal blessing Sunday (9-29) and she asked Loren and I to attend.  Now in my day it was just me I don't remember my parents being there and they said they weren't, Loren says he was alone too, so I was excited to be able to experience this with Taylor. She also invited Kyley, we left the boys outside to run up and down the street.   ( Actually  I was a little put out I know shame on me, Taylor had her recommend for nearly 6 months but she never made the call, then within the first months living up in Flagstaff she makes her appointment.  I told Loren man why couldn't she have gotten hers while lived under our roof and we didn't have to drive 3 hours to be with her... ) Loren said Julie it will be worth it and he was right.  After the blessing I knew why she waited and that she needed her blessing at that time not 6 months sooner.  I felt humble to be in the same room as Patriarch Webb became the mouthpiece for this personal "scripture" for Taylor.  The spirit was so strong and I am so thankful to be the mother of this beautiful girl with a so much promise and potential.  


After the blessing we met my parents at Village Inn where they treated us to lunch (it was the annual Goodman hike rim to rim adventure.)  I think that was the motivation we needed to make the trip up to the Canyon.  I love that place!
We walked, laughed, joked, held hands, snapped pictures, looked at the switched backs, saw elk and marveled at the beauty of the earth - I can so clearly see God's handiwork as I look at the Canyon.  I just felt complete having my family around.  Taylor is rocking it at NAU getting good grades, made good friends, bonding with roommates and working hard at Barnes and Noble and I am so happy for her but in moments like these my kids are still "small" and it's just our family (I know a little selfish )but I love love loved it. 

Ty and Wyatt encouraged by Loren .. crazy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment