I have thought a lot about family lately and how thankful I am for mine... but since we have moved our internet is hit and miss (it drives me crazy since Loren works for a communications company and we would get the best for free if only they came out to the "country" ugh - I digress)
Couple of Sundays ago Loren wakes me with a Diet Coke and the Sunday paper, I love love love reading the Sunday paper slowly, not just the headlines, but we haven't had it in a couple months. I think I have made a passing comment here and there but I did nothing about it - Loren did and what a wonderful cool morning, sitting out by the pond sipping my Diet Coke reading the paper.
Then last week Taylor was staying with my mom while my Dad and Matt were hiking the canyon and as I drove into school alone it hit me and hit me hard I only have a few short months until I no longer get to ride with Taylor in the mornings thank goodness I still have Kyley for a couple of years. I love riding to work each morning with my girls, I love walking into school after we have been laughing or dodging rain drops, or singing songs or gossiping I love working where my kids go to school.
I love ALL my family, my immediate, husband and kids, my mom, dad, brothers and sisters, in-laws, my extended family of aunts uncles and cousins. Last week my Dad, Matt, Dyan, Jeremy,Kelli, Mike two of his kids Bryant and Tanner, Jodi ,Jimmy, Willy and Luke all hiked the canyon, I have yet to make the 24 mile rim to rim hike maybe one day but I doubt it - anyways last week my dad had trouble making it out, dehydration set in and he actually had to be air-vac out. It was a scarey 24 hours not really knowing what was going on, Taylor was staying with my mom so I drove out to be with them. If we weren't' worrying about my dad it would have had fun, but what amazed me was the support from everyone, Matt and Jeremy stayed with dad and as dad laid in the "hospital" bed at Indian Springs 4.5 miles from the top, Matt and Jeremy got the hard ground outside, I didn't hear them complain but rather comment how cool it was to be able to sleep in the canyon during a full moon. Uncle Jim and Aunt Diane "happen" to get a room, (I am sure the Lord had a hand in all this) Jim hiked 4.5 miles to check on dad then 4.5 miles out while Diane drove around for at least an hour looking for the heli-pad. Text back and forth from family members I actually talked to every one of my siblings that weekend. I am sure many many many prayers were said as he made it out just fine with a story to tell. I am just thankful for family, I guess that is what it is all about.
Our family rocks! It was great talking with ya last week. I hope CA is great. Love ya
ReplyDeleteI love our family too. Cali was so fun hanging out with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteFAMILY FOREVER . . . NO MATTER WHAT!!!
ReplyDeleteand concerning the Canyon...it's a family tradition you don't want to miss out on! i've never hiked it but I love being there..it's so BEAUTIFUL, the views and the/OUR people!!! You should come next year!!!!