
Yesterday February 4th Wyatt was baptized. He was the only one to be baptized in our ward so it really felt like HIS special day. I told him that February 4th was his actual due date but he came 6 days early. He said, "ah mom why did you do that, I could have been baptized on my birthday." His dad baptized him, Wyatt was really worried because he thought you were held under the water for " like a minute". I told him it wasn't like that and Loren told him it was more like 5 seconds but he didn't believe us.

After Loren put him under Wyatt came up gasping for air, I guess 5 seconds can feel like an eternity. His grandma Chesley talked on baptism and his Grandpa Dale talked on the Holy Ghost, I liked how he compared the Holy Ghost to a GPS and he testified that he will "lead you, guide you, walk beside you and help you find the way, teach you all that you must know to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus some day." Loren confirmed Wyatt and I felt the spirit and my eyes filled with tears for the choice Wyatt made is so right. I might have been a little sad that he is my baby and all my kids are baptized, strange feeling.
We all came back to our house to eat, play and visit. The weather was glorious and we hardly saw our kids as they were all outside playing. They only came in when they were hungry or when the little girls wanted to "catch some eggs" as Kate coined the term for gathering eggs. Finally when it got dark, and out at our place with no street lights it is dark, then and only then the cousins came in. I am so thankful for my extended family they all made it out to support Wyatt and make his day special. I am thankful for my children and how hard they worked to clean the house and clean the yard, I am thankful for Loren and that he honors his priesthood and was able to baptize all 4 of our children and I am especially thankful for Wyatt that he came to our home, I sure love him.
It was so much fun hanging out. I love our family and the great times we have. Thank you for having us over and taking Kate to catch some eggs.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Dy. It was so much fun hanging all afternoon. Hopefully your house wasn't too trashed. I never even saw my kids most of the time, who knows what they were up to:) Congrats Wyatt
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a great day, Jules! Congrats to Wyatt on his awesome choice and for being able to hold his breath for 5 whole seconds.
ReplyDelete