Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Love You Arizona



After Wyatt's baptism I thought it's going to be a slow blogging month I have nothing big happening.  Valentine's Day isn't my thing I think being a high school teacher I have learned to  hate the drama of Valentines Day and whoop-d-doo Arizona in 100 how does that really affect me (I know grumpy Gus) then I read my sister's Dyan's post about why she loves Arizona and I felt humbled.  I too love Arizona, I love that I can say my great grandparents were one of the first settlers (even though I am not an official native - thanks mom and dad for choosing to have me while you were at BYU I love that my children can all say they are native and  I have tried to instill that love in my children.  Here we are enjoying the diversity of Arizona...
2006 On our way to find snow, we stopped at the Salt River and saw a herd of wild horses

snow only an hour from home - the kids were so little.
2008 Outside of Globe - we took the quad and just explored 

There are more pictures- but my computer is dumb, we have seen Lake Havasu, The Grand Canyon, Canyon Lake, Colorado River, Usary Pass, Verde River, Lakeside/ Showlow, all the lakes around those towns, Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff, the Phoenix Zoo, heck I even love our back yard. I love Arizona we have seen lots and have lots more to see, I am thankful we are a state and I am thankful that our ancestors settled her, I am truly blessed. (I just need to bookmark this post in August when the 110 degree is about to kick my bootie) 

2 comments:

  1. Love the post Julie, especially cause I got a shout out. You guys have really seen AZ and that is something I want my kids to have. When are we getting together next? I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. After talkin' to you today, I can't believe you old your kids are. You're nearly a grandma. They should stay as young as in your pics here. As always, it was fun yipping. Thanks for calling. And I love AZ too. Such a diverse state and amazing, especially Prescott Valley. I hear that's where it's at.

    ReplyDelete