Saturday, August 27, 2011

My August

This is for you Karrie...
I haven't updated it a while because nothing exciting has happened. Now alot has happened in August and I have been exhausted but it has just been the rigmarole of life so here goes just for documentation purposes, if you want to stop reading now is the time.

Week1:
Aug 1 - out the door by 6:10 teaching zero hour this year, doctors appointment for my hand, they don't know what is wrong, running test, will probably need surgery, first day of tackle football for Ty (thank goodness for Loren) Grandpa Goodman's viewing.
Aug 2 - no school for Tay, Ky and I we got to sleep in an hour, Grandpa Goodman's funeral. Sports physicals for Taylor and Kyley, football for Ty again thank goodness for Loren and Open house for me (my cheeks always hurt from smiling and being a little cheesy)
Aug 3 - easy day school from 6:10- 2:30 I am sure I fed my kids sometime then Ty football from 5:30 - 9:30 home for another dinner for Ty and ready to start another day.
Aug4 - school, dentist at 2:00 (I have 6th hour off since I teach zero hour) for Wyatt and I. I was worried about Wyatt getting cavities filled, but they gave him the laughing gas and he did great. I was just suppose to get my crown fixed, the dentist said they would pop it off and reset it, not that easy, I needed a new one, and making the mold for the crown made my jaw hurt for the next week. Home again for dinner and football out the door at 5:30 then off to meet the teacher for Wyatt, Ty is home by 9:15 - is this week over yet??
Aug 5 - only school and football and it's FRIDAY
Aug 6-7 the weekend yeah!! cleaning house doing laundry trying to get caught up and our dryer breaks, nothing like hanging the clothes to dry (I try to convince myself I am doing my part for the environment but it sucked)

Week 2 of August was relatively simple. School started for the boys, we had football every night, still conditioning, we ate, did homework and did a load of laundry so I could hang it up and it would dry during the night. My dentist appointment to get the crown on lasted 8 minutes total and it feels so much better than the last one, I think I will survive August. The weekend came with us selling a new puppy and finding a new to us washer and dryer for the same amount we sold that puppy for. It was in San Tan Valley and Loren had to work so Kyley and I headed out to pick it up. It is in excellent condition only a year old and now my clothes are clean and not crunchy from being hung to dry. Ty's football party and dinner with friends ends the weekend too soon.

Week 3 is a week that just needs to be forgotten, started like the rest school at 6:10 then football all was well until Wednesday.
Aug 17 - The air was down at school well down to only one chiller not comfortable but not hot enough to cancel school. I had a bone scan for my hand still don't know what is up with that and I get a call from the girls "We are locked out of the house." " Why why why, where is the hidden key" I ask, "well we used it last night and dad told us to hurry so we forgot to put it back." Sorry girls you will have to wait and hour and a half until I get home or figure it out. They figured it out, our garage door is broken so you can just lift it if you have the strength, two skinny teenage girls do not have the strength but good thing we have good neighbors to call, so Todd Sczruba came over and lifted the garage door to let the girls in. Yeah it'll be ok I finish my doctors appointment and come home to a house that is 97 degrees inside. Yep our air conditioner is broken too - can I just run away to Hawaii. I now have 30 minutes to get food in Ty (making eggs in 97 degree temp not fun) and get out the door in time for football. We call someone but they don't make it out until Thursday. Thank goodness we have a window unit in our master bed room so everyone slept in there Wed night.
Aug 18 - I go to school Thursday and both chillers were down UGH!! The air conditioner guy goes to the wrong house because Town of Gilbert has two houses with the same address ours is one - by the time he gets to our house it is 4:30 or 5 we need a new motor for our AC and it should be under warranty, but all the offices are closed for the night do so we decided to wait it out another night to save $300-400. Off to football again but this night we had a storm move in, football wasn't canceled but it was cool, I actually had goose bumps I think I will survive.
Aug 19 - Friday the air at school was fixed, the air at home got fixed and the AC guy found a place to warranty the unit so it only cost $200 I guess we were being watched over. Off to football.
Aug 20 - Ty had to weigh in and certify for football he makes it at 76 pounds you have to be 75 to play yeah. Taylor and Kyley have teen elect well modified from our day but still dinner, etiquette and dance. I come home to a cool home I will survive.
Aug 21 - Loren's sister Jody invited us for Sunday dinner so good and I didn't have to cook I love that family so pleasant and food so delicious.

Week 4 - football conditioning is over we moved to a practice field only 10 minutes from home.
Aug 24 Wed - I get the call from the school nurse, Ty is sick, probably because this is the first night in 3 and half weeks that he doesn't have football so he can get sick, just a stomach bug. Poor kid. I finally got my hair cut and colored I think I will survive.
Aug 25 - school, football Ty still not 100% I get to go to relief society enrichment (I try to go once a year and they were feeding us and I hadn't eaten:)
Aug 26 - Loren is off, I got to spend time running errands with him getting him ready for next week when he is gone rafting the Colorado River for 8 days with his buddies from high school (I am so jealous)
Aug 27th - Ty's first football game, they have to weigh in every game and he comes in at 74.8 pounds. Two yep 2 ounces short he cannot play - UGH!!! So we sweat it out at 8:00am (good thing it was early) watching Ty walk the side line. Home again home again to shower and nap. I have to admit I took a good long one today.

I told you it would be a long boring one but that is my August in a nut shell, Loren leaves tomorrow, we have 3 day weekend coming up, I have a daughter that can drive and helps me out so much, Ty is better and should make weight, my kids are doing well in school and I have a house with AC and it is almost September.

2 comments:

  1. Blah blah blah.....where are the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped reading after you said we could stop reading. I hope your August went well. Haha, just kidding, though reading your post made me all sweaty for some reason. Except for August 30th, September will be such a better month.

    ReplyDelete