Saturday, February 12, 2011

Good Friends


Taylor and Kyley have the best group of friends. I feel so fortunate that my girls have chosen friends that build, not tear down, that laugh and aren't afraid of being goofy, that have the same standards, value good grades, have supportive families and like sports:) I am sad that Kyley's core group will be going to Williams Field while Kyley is going to Perry. Taylor went through the very same thing and she survived to find a group at Perry. The Lord has clearly answered my prayers for good friends for my daughters. (wow a little teary while I type)

Taylor and her friends were recruited to participate in a fashion show to model modest Prom dresses. Intresting - a prom dress can be modest, not at the few Proms I had to chaperon, they were cut down to there and slit up to here. The girls carried no purse but they always had their cell phones often tucked in their cleavage, I am not making this up. Taylor was excited and I was thrilled to go see. At first I thought I would miss it but things worked out, really it was sick kids, so they couldn't go to basketball on Wednesday so I could go to my class on Wednesday instead of Thursday and then see Taylor strut down the cat walk. I did have to take Ty because I finally called the doctor after 4 days of fever and he had an appointment at 7:30pm, in order to do both he had to come with me to the fashion show, pure torture for a 10 year old boy.

Taylor looked amazing I really think she was the most beautiful one there. She had straightened her curly locks then put a few curls in, she wore a little more make up then she normally does, she had just gotten her braces off a week ago and she looked STUNNING! As I watched her there was something else, she was having fun she was making eye contact with the crowd and thoroughly enjoying herself. Taylor does have the tangible beauty I mean really look at her, but she has the intangible ones as well, a good heart, a hard worker a sense of humor, a strong testimony. I am so proud of her and I love her like crazy. As the oldest she gets the shaft at times, (that is what therapy is for) but she takes it in stride. No worries Kyley your shout out will be coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! She looks great but I have to admit I needed to take a double look cause I thought it was you when you were younger. Good luck with her in about three months when she can date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She is beautiful! She looks like her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! She is stunning, she is a mini version of you!!!! So adorable and I have to say that it is such a blessing that they have such great friends. I pray that my boys will always choose awesome friends when they are older.

    ReplyDelete